"Weekend tourism" - a tourism product aimed at customers living and working in big cities in Vietnam (Case study of Binh Duong Province)
To implement this article, we have chosen the research area of Binh Duong (bordering Ho Chi Minh City, with a history of over 300 years of development, with 11 years of operating the type of weekend tourism from 2008 to present); have used some research methods in social sciences, particularly ethnographic fieldwork such as strategic interview, comparing and analyzing data gathered from multiple sources. The article consists of 3 parts:
(1) The concept of "Weekend tourism" and specific products
(2) Identify key factors affecting the exploitation of the "weekend tourism" type in Binh Duong
(3) A number of measures to contribute to the development of "weekend tourism" in the context of international integration.
2. Quach Minh Chau (2011), “Some methods to contribute to developing weekend tourism of Binh Duong (compared with other localities in the Southern major economic zone)”. Graduation Thesis, HCMC Open University, Instructed by PhD. Phan Thi Hong Xuan
3. ASEAN Economic Community (AEC), Link: http://asean.mofa.gov.vn/thong-tin/13/cong-dong-kinh-te-asean-aec.html
4. Pham Duc Duy (2016), Some solutions to develop Vietnamese human resource in the period of 2016 - 2020, http://www.gso.gov.vn/default.aspx?tabid=628&idmid=&ItemID=15860,
5. Nguyen Thi Hai (1997), Research on natural socio-economic conditions to develop weekend tourism in Ha Noi and adjacent zones, Master Thesis of Geography, Hanoi University of Education
6. Pham Quang Hung (2012), Contribution of Tourism and GDP, http://www.vietnamtourism.com/index.php/news/items/6867,
7. Nguyen Khang (2016), Improving the quality of human resources for integration, http://www.nhandan.com.vn/kinhte/nhan-dinh/item/28640402-nang-cao-chat-luong-nguon-nhan-luc-dap-ung-yeu-cau-hoi-nhap.html,
8. Hong Nhung (2016), Opening the 2016 ASEAN Tourism Forum, http://vietnamtourism.gov.vn/index.php/printer/19816,
9. Thanh Tam (2016), Strengthening management of adventure tourism, http://quanlyluhanh.vn/home.php?options=items&code=2680 )
10. Phan Thi Hong Xuan (2016), Pros and cons of being a tour guide when Vietnam integrates into ASEAN Community, Thạnh Phú, Bến Tre.
11. Nhu Y (tổng hợp), 12 interesting destinations in Binh Duong, https://www.ivivu.com/blog/2016/04/12-diem-den-thu-vi-cua-du-lich-binh-duong/
12. 8 careers in Free flow skilled labor by Editor N AEC Tourism Thai - http://en.aectourismthai.com/infoasean/1335
13. Welcome to the tourism promotions board Philippines, https://tpb.gov.ph/
14. The land of union and development, https://www.binhduong.gov.vn/Lists/GioiThieu/DispForm.aspx?ID=130&CategoryId=Gi%E1%BB%9Bi%20thi%E1%BB%87u%20chung&InitialTabId=Ribbon.Read
15. Thoai Ha (2019), Thailand focuses on developing tourism in adjacent areas, https://vnexpress.net/du-lich/thai-lan-tap-trung-phat-trien-du-lich-vung-ven-3935691.html
16. Nguyen Viet (2019), To “wake” the tourism potential of Binh Duong, https://www.binhduong.gov.vn/tin-tuc/2019/04/153-de-danh-thuc-tiem-nang-du-lich-binh-duon
17. Hong Nhung (2019), Thailand: Plans to develop tourism until 2021, https://bvhttdl.gov.vn/thai-lan-ke-hoach-phat-trien-du-lich-den-2021-20190209075550894.htm
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Articles published in Journal of Entrepreneurship & Business are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY) license. You are free to copy, transform, or redistribute articles for any lawful purpose in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the journal, link to the license, and indicate if changes were made.
Copyright on articles is retained by the respective author(s), without restrictions. A non-exclusive license is granted to Journal of Entrepreneurship & Business to publish the article and identify itself as its original publisher, along with the commercial right to include the article in a hardcopy issue for sale to libraries and individuals.
By publishing in Journal of Entrepreneurship & Business, authors grant any third party the right to use their article to the extent provided by the CC BY license.